Ad

Jade is a breastfed baby!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

About my name

Photo taken by my Papa when I was 36-minute old.

大家好! 我叫梁雯汐

For those who have difficulty pronounce my name, it's actually quite simple.
Just follow my Mummy's 口诀: 有边读边,没边读中间, 没中间读上下。
so 雯 read as 文 and 汐 read as 夕
If you can't even read the two simple chinese characters 文 and 夕, your chinese is very bad.

Then u can call me by my dialect name-
Leong Man Jade,
or simply, Jade.

In case, you were wondering, I'm a girl.

The meaning of my name is

wén: 成花纹的云彩, Cloud patterns or the colouring of clouds.

xī: 夜间的海潮, night tide

My father wants to use these two natural phenomenon to describe God's good timing of my arrival - unexpected/ unplanned /unpredictable as what the tide might brings but at the right time / appropriate as beautiful clouds.

雯 or nice clouds are also a sign of sunshine after the rain, signifying God has healed Mummy.

汐 also describes me coming in the night or rather, the labour started at night when Mummy's water bag broke. I was only born the next day past noon.

I was born 4 weeks ahead of my expected due date (EDD), hence again, unexpected/ unpredictable.

During labour, there were a few occasions when my heartbeat dropped significantly and when I came out, there were two loops of umbilical cord around my neck, though Doc said they were loose.

Some relatives speculated that perhaps I was in danger so I kicked the water bag burst;
while my Mummy says it's because I can't bear seeing her do silly paper work which she gets angry every time she does it.

Whatever the reason as to why I came out from Mummy's tummy a month earlier, we think it's God's good timing.

As for my dialect name, it's just spelt angmo-ly
like my brother's name,Tim Hann.

"Man" is also short for Immanuel/Emmanuel - meaning "God with us";
"Jade" is a green gemstone popular with the Chinese and the Chinese word for Jade, 玉, also means "that which is pure, fair and beautiful/ handsome".

1 comment:

  1. Ang moh or not is not impt. Most impt is what is the values inside you.

    ReplyDelete