Ad

Jade is a breastfed baby!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Confinement Must-haves

Not Jade but Jade's Mummy said...

Must-have for the confinement period (and beyond):

~ image taken from http://www.myfredi.com ~

1. Bedroom Slippers
Most Singaporean homes use ceramic tiles or natural stones for their flooring, hence the floor will be cooling.
Wearing bedroom slippers during confinement keeps your feet warm and the "cold" away from ya feet.
Believe me! I don't really believe in these confinement stuff but I get pains when I'm not wearing bedroom slippers.

2. Bathrobe
Help you dry ya body faster - just put it on and wa-la! most of your body will be dried.
Use towel to dry other "uncovered" parts like hair, face, calves , etc.
if you decide to shower, that is.
I think the idea of not showering is to keep the water and wind out so if you do decide to shower, try to dry up quickly.

3. Long pants / pajamas
same thing: keep the wind out and keep ya legs warms
I wore shorts most of the time for this confinement (am really afraid of heat!) and later on always get joint-pains at the knees.
When I get joint-pains then I put on long pants loh. Helps!

1 comment:

  1. better to avoid direct wind (fan, air-con) blowing to us esp mums in confinement, hot showers if need or hot towel bath w herbal satchets + old ginger slices..to minimise joint pains

    ReplyDelete