Ad

Jade is a breastfed baby!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Activities for babies


Many parents wonder what to do with baby.
So here's a list of things you can do with your baby:

Baby Centre's
Let's Play! Weekly activities for your baby's first year

My parents have not been reading this so here's what they usually do with me:

1. read
I love reading.
actually I love eating the book too!

Get those "touch and feel" or peek-a-boo books.
They're great for baby's development.

2. talk
I enjoy talking and learning to make new sounds.
I always try to copy the sounds my parents teach me.
just make sure u're facing baby and hold his attention while you talk to him.

3. Mirror
Sit with baby on your lap, both of you facing the mirror.
Tell point to him and name his body parts.
Sing the song "head and shoulders" and move baby's hands to touch all the parts mentioned.
Make funny faces as you look into the mirror at baby's reflection.

4. action songs
believe it or, at 5 months old, or even earlier, I've been actively worshiping God.
my mummy plays the children's worship CD and lift my arms and body to move to the music.
One of our favourite songs: Bubbling Joy.

better still if you do all the action songs in front of the mirror!
another action song good for this purpose is "if you're happy and you know it"

5. Hang Laundry and Fold clothes
While hanging up the laundry, Mummy will put me in my Bumbo Seat and let me watch her.
As she takes out each garment from the washing machine, she'll show me and tell me its colour.
When folding clothes, mummy gently sweeps the piece of clothing she's going to fold across my face to let me feel its texture.
You can also play peek-a-boo with baby while folding clothes.

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Alvin speak in Eng-Mandarin-Dialect, Aunt MED, Grandmas sing MD, Grandpas play games..

    ReplyDelete