Ad

Jade is a breastfed baby!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Millet - super healthy whole grain

Have you heard of this food - Millet [mil-it]?

image taken from crazysalad.typepad.com

My mummy hasn't heard of Millet til she read the book - Super Baby Food.
and now she knows that Millet is used to make one of her favourite bread - chapatti.

Millet is super healthy because
Millet is rich in B vitamins, especially niacin, B6, and folacin and offers calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, and zinc.
source: http://www.vegparadise.com/highestperch29.html

check out other health benefits and nutritional profile of Millet at
www.whfoods.com.

Mummy grind and cooked and gave it to me today.
but I didn't like it and didn't want to take it!
even when Mummy added in some bottled pear baby food, I still refused to eat it.

Later in day, I finally took it when Mummy added a little of the Millet porridge into my brown rice cereal.

Mummy, u should take Millet and not give it to me since
"Millet has an interesting characteristic in that the hulls and seeds contain small amounts of goiterogenic substances that limit uptake of iodine to the thyroid."
source: http://chetday.com/millet.html

Tip: (updated on 10 July 2011)
soak the millet overnight before cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment